Tomorrow is July 1. Can someone please explain how this happened and where June went? As usual time is slipping away before my very eyes. Add to this time warp the fact that I’m hoping to go back to work in the fall and I am grasping at the remaining days of summer.
Amanda, who writes one of the blogs I regularly read, Last Mom on Earth, posted her summer bucket list a couple of days ago and I was inspired to write my own. Nothing like a list to keep me accountable for the valuable time I have left in the summer. Especially the time with Olivia. She is in this list A LOT. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
1. Finish my own version of a Daydream project with Olivia. I have a couple done already, but need to do a few more.
2. Have a family swim day at the public pool.
3. Hike in RMNP with Tim. No babies allowed. Olivia can’t come either.
4. Sew new pillow covers for living room pillows.
Make homemade ice cream.
6. Play tennis with Tim.
Plan and celebrate O’s first birthday!
8. Read a magazine while lounging on the deck with no interruptions.
9. Go to the drive in.
10. Hike Heil Valley Ranch.
11. Bake homemade English Muffins.
Sew Olivia some bibs.
Bake a peach pie.
Attend fireworks for the Fourth of July. This is new for me after living in Arizona where it is too scorching hot to sit outside and watch fireworks.
15. Go to a U-pick farm.
16. Get together with friends here in Colorado that I haven’t met up with since we moved here. Amy V. and Kuby that means you.
17. Call and visit with friends in AZ that I haven’t spoken to since we moved here. Hopefully, they are still speaking to me.
Teach Olivia how to blow kisses.
19. Go to the Farmer’s Market and make one meal completely from ingredients purchased there.
20. Redecorate the guest room.
21. Get into a workout routine.
22. Find a playgroup and start going.
23. Go to this Makerie meetup.
24. Convince Tim to take me fly fishing.
Migrate blog to a new platform and do a redesign. Continue to tell myself I can do this on my own. Even though I have no idea what I’m doing.
26. Sew a crib sheet for Olivia.
28. Go to a concert at Red Rocks. Amos Lee. Kings of Leon. DCFC. How does a girl choose?
Teach Olivia to “gimme five.”
Go to Steamboat Springs for the weekend.
31. Sew a crib rail cover for O.
Take Olivia to the splash pad on Pearl Street Mall once she is walking. (Any day now.)
Go on the Celestial Seasonings Factory tour.
34. Open O’s college savings account.
Take Tim on a date to see the last Harry Potter movie ever. Then, cry myself to sleep over the fact that there will be no more Harry Potter books or movies.
Read. A lot. (See what’s on my list.)
37. Visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
38. Attend a Colorado Rockies game.
39. Tour around Boulder on a Boulder B-cycle.
40. Have a family picnic at Chautauqua.
Pajama day! Laze around all day in our jammies. This will also involve naptime cinema and maybe a little Yo Gabba Gabba!
Hike Caribou Ranch
43. Go on a brewery tour.
Take O to story time at the library.
Dinner with the ladies in Denver.
Play board games. Often.
Take a nap.
49. Have a garage sale.
50. Volunteer once a month.